Jan 15, 2018

Monday Update

Last post I showed you where I was last time on Salt Water Taffy. I got 4 more days of progress on it. Here it is now...
So now I have a total of 14 days into this one. I love the bright colors and the fun sea themed items of course.

We had a really weird weekend. Our plans were to be lazy and it seems like plans never work out. Saturday we noticed our Dish receiver was acting weird. We did get some ice Friday so we were waiting to make sure the outside Dish was clear of any obstructions before worrying more. Hubby and I decided to settle in for a Netflix movie everyone was telling me about. It was called Before I wake and it was a horror movie. Two friends had told me about it because they know I love scary movies. Then I get an email from Netflix saying they suggested it for me too. So I laughed and said evidently I'm supposed to watch this movie. It was a great movie. It's about a boy who's dreams come true. Great when it's good dreams. Not so great when it's a bad dream though right? It was a really interesting story and had nice twists. I enjoyed the ending and the complete story so I would definitely say if you enjoy scary movies to check it out. Few times where I jumped but not really a gory type of horror movie.

After that we noticed the receiver was still acting up. Grrr. So I call customer service. 45 mins later she confirmed my worries a technician would have to come out. Luckily they had a spot Sunday.  The guy was here 3 hours. Changed a bunch of "oh this is definitely the issue" things. Then settled on "Well you need a new receiver." Fine we know how to deal with that. The new one made it so I couldn't record the antenna channels which I do pretty much every day. He called to order a part and was told they didn't have it and probably wouldn't. These type of boxes are older. They want us to upgrade to the Hopper. (I really hate change!) Fine I will do without. I can survive. I'll stream online what I can't record. He leaves and we get to thinking. I wonder if the part is online. Yep of course Amazon has it. Don't they have everything? LOL So it's on order and we will able to fix this issue.

Now we have to put everything back in order where the TV stand was. I had moved a lot of my decorations that sit on my TV stand so they would be out of the technician's way. Hubby started to help and we was moving things here and there. Then hubby said something about we should move in our new shelf cabinet I got for Christmas while we were at it. Well why stop there. We ended up rearranging our whole front wall...
 
My uncle made these two beautiful wooden cabinets for Jeremiah and me. This one is Jeremiah's by his couch on the right side of the TV. He filled it with all his decorations including a bunch he got for Christmas. He said I can have the top of the cabinet though for my candle.
 
Then you can see the other corner to the left of the TV has my new cabinet. Plus the trunk on the ground was made by my father. It was hidden in a corner and it finally has a place of honor in the open. We had a lot of toys that Jeremiah had grown of out along this wall so it was time to put them away and move some things around. I just LOVE the finished look. Yes it wasn't how I planned to spend my Sunday but I would have had to do it by myself while Fred was at work so his help was very appreciated. Plus now the job is done and it was something I kept putting off. Now this should mean more stitching time this week haha. I haven't decided what I'm going to work on just yet. So many thoughts running through my mind. I love having so many choices though. First I have to do a separate post for my Gifted Gorgeousness Update. There will be a giveaway so make sure to check it out.

8 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching and hurray for Amazon on saving the day!!

Justine said...

Lovely stitching - I really like the full. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend but at least it was productive.

Faith... said...

Glad you were able to find the part you need! Salt Water Taffy is looking great!

Meari said...

Love the colors in Saltwater Taffy. Those are really nice shelves.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great stitching. I'd love to come round and inspect all your shelves, you have some interesting things on there! I also like the heart shaped shelf in the background.

Julie said...

Talented family members who made your lovely cabinets etc. Lots of nice things you have on display
Taffy is growing well.

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching! You had a busy weekend.

Brigitte said...

Salt Water Taffy is such bright and colourful piece.
That weekend was just the opposite of a lazy weekend, wasn't it? Lol.